For more information and updated schedules, visit the MTA New York City Transit Online.
Avenue Express to: 59th
th Avenue, Transfers: B, D
B Train: Avenue of the Americas (6th Avenue) Express to: 7th Avenue, 53rd Street; Weekdays: rush hours and midday only
Avenue Local to: 59th
Street - Columbus Circle, 8th
Avenue; Transfers: B, D
D Train: Avenue of the Americas (6th Avenue) Express to: 7th Avenue, 53rd Street
E Train: 8th Avenue Local to: 7th Avenue, 53rd Street
N Train: Broadway Express to: 57th Street, 7th Avenue or 49th Street, 7th Avenue
R Train: Broadway Local to: 57th Street, 7th Avenue or 49th Street, 7th Avenue
1 Train: 7th Avenue Local to: 50 Street, Broadway
2 & 3 Trains: 7th Avenue Express to: (From Uptown) 72 Street, Broadway; Transfers: 1 and 9 to 50th Street Broadway; (From Downtown) 42nd Street, Times Square, 7th Avenue Broadway Transfers: 1 and 9 to 50th Street Broadway
4 &5 Trains: Lexington Avenue Express to: 59th Street, Lexington Avenue; Transfers: N and R
6 Train: Lexington Avenue Local to: 59th Street Lexington Avenue; Transfers: N and R
View Larger Map
We are pleased to offer our attendees special discount parking rates. Depending on the garage, your ticket will need to be stamped at our center.
- Circle Parking-Icon: $17.00 flat rate for any 12 hours including taxes. Entrances on 52nd or 51st between 7th and Broadway in the Sheraton Manhattan Hotel. Your parking ticket must be validated at our registration desk in the Conference Center.
San Francisco Conference Center Rental Information
Located in the heart of downtown San Francisco's Financial District, Practising Law Institute's San Francisco Conference Center is available to rent for your next meeting, conference, training event, panel discussion or workshop.
- Our competitive rental rates include the use of installed state-of-the art presentation audio-visual equipment, a multimedia technician and hot and cold beverages
- Videoconference, webcast and recording services available
- Ergonomic meeting room seating for 111 and a separate lounge area that seats 48 that can be used for breakouts
- WIFI capable throughout
- Catering available
for scheduling and information.
San Francisco Conference Center Directions
A list of transit operators follows. To plan your trip, you may find it helpful to use the Bay Area Transit Trip Planner. This website has links to all of the transit providers in the greater Bay Area. Enter your starting and ending points to get schedules, rates, transfer information and travel time for all local transit providers.
Cal Train (650-508-6200) From the South Bay to San Francisco, then take a taxi or SF Muni bus to the PLI CA Center.
BART (415-817-1717) The Montgomery Street station is one-half block from the PLI CA Center (use the New Montgomery exit out of the station.)
AC TRANSIT (415-817-1717) From the East Bay to the San Francisco Transbay Terminal, which is about five blocks away from the PLI CA Center.
GOLDEN GATE TRANSIT (415-923-2000) From the North Bay to the San Francisco Transbay Terminal, which is about five blocks away from the PLI CA Center.
SF MUNI (415-701-4500 Local SF bus service.
View Larger Map
From North Highway 101, Golden Gate Bridge
- Take Highway 101 south over Golden Gate Bridge (must pay toll)
- Exit Lombard Street
- Lombard St. to Van Ness Avenue
- Left on Bush Street
- Right on Montgomery Street
- Montgomery St. will cross Market St. and become New Montgomery St.
- Right on Mission, right on 3rd, another right on Market
From East Interstate 80, Bay Bridge
- Take I-80 West over the Bay Bridge (must pay toll)
- Exit Fremont St., first exit on the right side
- Left on Howard St., (first intersection you come to on Fremont St.)
- Right on Third St.
- Right on Market St.
From South Highway 101, and S.F. International Airport
- Take Highway 101 north towards Interstate 80/Bay Bridge
- Exit Fourth St. off I-80 (last S.F. exit)
- Exit will bring you to Bryant St., stay in one of two left lanes
- Take Bryant St. one block to Third St.
- Left on Third St.
- Right on Market Street
From South Highway 280, San Jose
- Take Highway 280 north to the end, which is King St.
- Follow King St. to Third Street
- Left on Third St.
- Stay in right lane, right on Market
Following are the names of parking garages; however, please call to confirm information:
Hearst Parking Center: 415-989-4000. This garage is directly behind our building. From Third Street turn right on Stevenson (just before Market Street.) Parking garage is at the end of the block at Annie Street. Open M-F 6:00 am until midnight; Sunday 10 am - 10 pm; closed Holidays.
Paramount Garage: 415-348-9784. Garage on Jessie Street, between Third Street and Annie Street; turn right on Jessie from Third Street (just after Mission Street.) 24 hour valet parking.
Fifth and Mission St. Garage : 415-982-8522 (Garage on Mission Street between Fourth and Fifth, with the entrance on Mission Street)
Various street lots on 3rd Street, Mission Street and other streets near the Center.
Next door to PLI’s California Conference Center is the Palace Hotel (2 New Montgomery Street; 415-512-1111). To take advantage of the Palace’s Best Available room rate for PLI attendees, please use the following link: www.sfpalace.com/pli