The America Invents Act created the Patent Trial and Appeal Board which is akin to the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences and which will preside over various new proceedings designed to provide parties with a more effective venue in which to litigate patent validity. The most commonly used procedure will be inter partes review, which effectively replaces inter partes reexamination as of September 16, 2012. Other post-grant proceeding include Post-Grant Review and the Transitional Program for Covered Business Method Patents.
Post-Grant Proceedings Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board guides readers through the process of initiating a post-grant proceeding, taking discovery, seeking sanctions, proposing and opposing claim amendments, effectively advocating at the oral hearing, appealing to the Federal Circuit, and handling a wide array of issues involving co-pending district court litigation.
Updated at least once a year, Post-Grant Proceedings Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board is a comprehensive and indispensable resource for anyone involved in a proceeding before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Table of Contents:
About the Authors and Editors
2. Pre-filing considerations
3. Petition for Inter Partes Review
4. Preliminary Response by Patent Owner
5. Institution of Inter Partes Review
8. Patent Owner Discovery Period
9. Patent Owner Response and Proposed Amendments
10. Petitioner Discovery Period
11. Petitioner Reply and Opposition to Proposed Amendments
12. Supplemental Patent Owner Discovery
13. Reply Concerning Proposed Amendments
16. Final Written Decision
17. Appeals to the Federal Circuit
18. Post-Grant USPTO Patent Proceedings & Concurrent Litigation
19. Legislative Anomalies and Expected Technical Amendments
20. Transitional Program for Covered Business Methods
21. Preview of Post-Grant Review Procedures
Appendix A: Consolidated Proposed Rules
Appendix B: America Invents Act
April 16, 2014
Canine Genetic Testing Patent Dispute Settled
From: Patent Law Practice Center
On December 13, 2013, Genetic Veterinary Sciences,...
What’s Up With Conflict Minerals – Stay Tuned For More Legal Developments!
From: The SEC Institute Blog
As you may have heard, on April 14, to give us all...
April 14, 2014
USPTO Issues Design Patent No. 700,000
The Department of Commerce recently had a ceremony...
Ethics for Commercial Litigators 2014
Apr. 16, 2014
Limited Scope Representation 2014: Ethical & Practical Challenges (Free)
How to Handle Your First Pro Bono Case in New York 2014 (Free)
All Contents Copyright © 1996-2014 Practising Law Institute. Continuing Legal Education since 1933.