Why you should attend
As the world’s economies grow increasingly integrated, the international tax laws of the U.S. impact a greater percentage of businesses and transactions. These international tax rules affect not only large US and foreign-based multinationals, but also increasingly affect mid-sized and smaller firms, financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and other commercial activity. As a result, a working knowledge of these international tax rules is of paramount importance to a wide variety of tax professionals.
At this year’s program we will assemble some of the world’s leading experts and senior government officials to discuss the complex rules of U.S. international taxation. We will focus upon both operational and transactional implications of these rules, and will describe the application of the rules to both U.S. and foreign-based entities.
What you will learn
- Explore recently proposed International Tax Reform legislation, identifying the key concepts and predicting the future
- Understand the intricacies of managing offshore cash and efficient utilization of foreign cash
- Identify cross-border merger and acquisition issues, techniques and developments
- Get an update on new foreign tax credit regulations implementing the 2010 legislation (including splitter and covered asset acquisition structures) and Subpart F developments
- Examine recent developments in transfer pricing audits and planning
Who should attend
Law firm and accounting firm professionals who advise clients on structuring cross border transactions, and on international tax planning and controversy matters; in-house tax professionals involved in cross-border and internal planning, in FIN 48 determinations and in IRS audits and appeals of international issues; and government attorneys who want to stay on top of what’s happening in the international tax arena.
PLI Group Discounts
Groups of 4-14 from the same organization, all registering at the same time, for a PLI program scheduled for presentation at the same site, are entitled to receive a group discount. For further discount information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 260-4PLI.
All cancellations received 3 business days prior to the program will be refunded 100%. If you do not cancel within the allotted time period, payment is due in full. You may substitute another individual to attend the program at any time.