Why you should attend
It is more important than ever for institutions in all sectors of the economy to stay on top of export control and sanctions developments in the United States and other countries. Companies and financial institutions must be aware of their obligations under existing laws and regulations, the enforcement and disclosure risks they currently face, and those they may face in the future. Implementing and strengthening compliance programs is an increasingly important priority in all industries.
For over twenty years, PLI’s Coping with U.S. Export Controls
has been the go-to program on trade control laws and regulations. The program enables attendees to “get inside” international trade controls through give-and-take between key officials from the government agencies that regulate cross-border trade and investment, experienced company managers and top lawyers in the field.
What you will learn
Plus - register for this program and receive complimentary access to a One-Hour Audio Briefing on the Basics of Export Controls the week prior to the program.
- Export control reform: scope, status and implementation at the Departments of Commerce, State and Defense
- Economic sanctions policy: Iran, Syria, Sudan, Burma and Cuba
- Scope of end-use controls for China and managing compliance risk
- Implementation of new authorities for retaliatory sanctions
- Requirements and best practices for Iran-related SEC disclosure obligations
- Multilateral trade control developments
- Lessons from recent leading cases in trade control enforcement
- Enforcement and voluntary disclosures: penalties and enforcement policies
- Compliance programs: how to design and implement an effective and efficient system
Who should attend
Attorneys from law firms and law departments; counsel and managers from companies selling consumer, high-tech, and defense products; and from banks, carriers, and trade logistics firms.
PLI Group Discounts
Groups of 4-14 from the same organization, all registering at the same time, for a PLI program scheduled for presentation at the same site, are entitled to receive a group discount. For further discount information, please contact email@example.com or call (800) 260-4PLI.
All cancellations received 3 business days prior to the program will be refunded 100%. If you do not cancel within the allotted time period, payment is due in full. You may substitute another individual to attend the program at any time.