Why you should attend
Full, fair and timely communications to investors and the financial markets is a cornerstone of effective corporate governance and investor relations. As you prepare your annual disclosure documents, hear from our experienced faculty, including SEC staff, in-house counsel, private practitioners, and compensation and corporate governance advisers. Our faculty will discuss key areas of staff comment, staff review priorities and interpretations, disclosure drivers and best practices, and “must know” accounting developments affecting financial disclosures. The discussions also will cover implementation of Dodd-Frank Act, JOBS Act and other SEC rulemaking; disclosure and corporate governance developments and best practices; compensation committee and adviser independence and other executive compensation issues and trends; insider sales of company securities, including rule 10b5-1 plans; domestic and international economic, political and regulatory uncertainties and developments; cybersecurity; and ethics and whistleblower requirements that further challenge both in-house and outside counsel.
What you will learn
- Practical how-to guidance on drafting annual disclosure and proxy documents
- SEC staff, FASB and PCAOB developments affecting financial disclosures
- Updates on current hot topic executive compensation disclosures and requirements
- Updates on various SEC rulemaking initiatives
- Practical guidance on communicating with investors and holding a successful annual meeting
- Updates on the 2013 shareholder proposal season; what to expect for 2014
- Impact of social media on disclosure practices
- Insider trading update, including rule 10b5-1 plans
- Earn one hour of Ethics credit
Who should attend
Attorneys, accountants, financial and compliance officers, disclosure committee members and others responsible for preparing public company disclosures and otherwise overseeing compliance with the securities laws.
PLI Group Discounts
Groups of 4-14 from the same organization, all registering at the same time, for a PLI program scheduled for presentation at the same site, are entitled to receive a group discount. For further discount information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 260-4PLI.
All cancellations received 3 business days prior to the program will be refunded 100%. If you do not cancel within the allotted time period, payment is due in full. You may substitute another individual to attend the program at any time.