is a partner in the Employment Law Department and national co-chair of the firm's Employment Discrimination practice. He represents management in employment discrimination, labor relations and employee benefits matters and litigation.
Mr. Fasman has litigated cases ranging from nationwide class actions to jury trials of individual employment discrimination claims, and has argued numerous cases in both state and federal appellate courts, including two successful arguments before the United States Supreme Court. In addition to his extensive employment litigation background, Mr. Fasman maintains a substantial traditional labor law practice representing employers in collective bargaining and before the National Labor Relations Board and in the federal courts.Recent Representations
Accolades and Recognitions
- Chen-Oster et al. v Goldman Sachs et al., No. 11-5229-cv (pending in Second Circuit): Gender class action involving enforcement of arbitration agreement
- CNN, Inc., (pending before the National Labor Relations Board): second longest trial in NLRB history
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America (20 years)
- Named one of “America’s Top 100 Employment Law Attorney’s” by Lawdragon
- Named to "New York Area's Best Lawyers" by New York Magazine (2005-2012), and “New York's Super Lawyers” (2006-2012)
- Band One rating from Chambers USA (one of 10 New York employment law attorneys)
- Rated "AV Preeminent" by Martindale-Hubbell® (20 years)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Lectured on topics ranging from appellate advocacy to legal ethics at law schools throughout the country.
- Teaches employment law to members of the federal judiciary on behalf of the Federal Judicial Center and New York University Law School.
- Author of three books and numerous articles on employment and labor law and lectures frequently on labor and employment law issues throughout the country.
- Member, Advisory Board of the New York University Law School’s Center for Labor and Employment Law, and St. John’s School of Law Center for Labor and Employment Law
- Member, Labor Relations Committee of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Member, American Bar Association, Labor Law Section, Committee on the Development of the Law under the National Labor Relations Act and of the International Labor Law Committee
- Member, American Bar Foundation
- Member, Board of Directors, American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee and Myers-JDC-Brookdale Institute
- Member, Lawyers’ Committee of the Anti-Defamation League
- Former Member, District of Columbia Bar’s Legal Ethics Committee and Taskforce on Civility in the Practice of Law
- Co-chair, PLI’s 41st Annual Employment Law Institute
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D. (with honors, Order of the Coif), 1972
- Northwestern University, B.A., 1969