Victoria Sweeney manages the Ethics and Compliance Group at KPMG LLP. She and her staff are responsible for ensuring compliance with firm policies and procedures, professional standards and regulations, and enhancing the firm's ethical culture.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the firm's Code of Conduct and related compliance initiatives
- Actively manages and monitors Ethics and Compliance Hotline reports
- Develops and implements firm-wide Ethics and Compliance training and communications
- Creates and administers the ongoing audit testing programs that ensure compliance with SEC independence rules and regulations
- Monitors compliance with professional licensing and continuing professional education requirements for CPAs.
- Serves as a member of the firm's Pension and Investment Strategy Committee, Privacy Steering Committee and Corporate Responsibility Council.
- B.A. - Government and Business from Skidmore College
- J.D. - New York Law School.
She is a member of the board of directors of the Ethics and Compliance Officers Association and chairs the Conference Board's Council on Compliance and Ethics. She is a frequent speaker at ethics and compliance conferences sponsored by: The Practicing Law Institute; The Conference Board; The Society for Corporate Compliance and Ethics; and the Ethics and Compliance Officer Association.