leads the firm's intellectual property litigation team. His practice focuses on patent litigation and client counseling on patent matters. Trevor has litigated patent cases on medical devices, software, Internet technology, consumer electronics and mechanical devices in federal courts throughout the United States, including Arizona, California, the District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Montana, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas and the Federal Circuit. Trevor also provides opinions to clients on noninfringement and invalidity.
Trevor is active in the patent litigation community through board and committee work, speaking and writing. He has been a contributing author to the American Bar Association's Intellectual Property Law Newsletter since 2004. Since 2007, he has been a member of the Local Rules Committee for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana. With the Practicing Law Institute, Trevor contributes to the Patent Law Practice Center blog and speaks at national conferences. Trevor has also given presentations and authored articles with a number of other organizations and publications, and he has served on IP advisory boards for Law360 and Patent Strategy & Management.
Before practicing law, Trevor was a project engineer and maintenance foreman for Marathon Oil Company and a cooperative education student engineer for McDonnell Douglas.
- The Best Lawyers in America — Intellectual Property Litigation, 2010-12, and Patent Litigation, 2012·
- Benchmark Litigation — Future Star, 2012
- Indiana Super Lawyers — Intellectual Property Litigation, 2011
- Indiana Law Review — Associate Editor
- Intern — The Honorable John D. Tinder, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana — Local Rules Committee, 2007-present
- American Bar Association — Patent Litigation Committee and Co-Chair of Patent Local Rules Subcommittee, 2006
- Indiana Health Industry Forum — Entrepreneurial Assistance Committee, 2001-04