Tracy A. Nichols
practices in litigation with emphasis in defending securities class actions; derivative actions, complex commercial litigation and consumer class actions. She is the firm's National Practice Group Leader for the Securities Litigation Group. She is a frequent lecturer at national securities litigation conferences.
Ms. Nichols has served as the lead attorney in more than two dozen class action lawsuits, and obtained one of the largest Rule 11 sanctions in the country against plaintiffs for filing a frivolous securities class action. She has represented issuers, officers, directors and underwriters against Section 11 and Section 10(b) claims. She has also defended parallel derivative actions and investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
In her community, Ms. Nichols is a founding member of the Volunteer Lawyers' Project for the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida and the Symmetry Foundation, which supports education for autistic children. She is a frequent speaker at the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association annual meetings, the Federal Securities Institute, and other national and regional securities conferences. She holds the highest rating assigned by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Commercial Litigation, 2006-2012
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Securities Law, 2003-2012
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Litigation: General Commercial, 2008-2012
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend magazine
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2006-2012
- Top 250 Women in Litigation, Benchmark Litigation, 2012
- Florida Super Lawyers magazine, Top 50 Florida Women Lawyers, 2006, 2007, 2010-2012
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Florida, B.A., with high honors