TODD J. ROSEN is a bankruptcy partner in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP.
Mr. Rosen joined the firm in 2004 after working as an investment banker, where he served as financial advisor to official committees in the bankruptcy cases of United Airlines, Adelphia Communications and Kmart Corporation. Previously, Mr. Rosen practiced corporate law for a number of years at another major Los Angeles firm following his graduation from the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
Mr. Rosen's practice includes representation of bondholders, lenders, and other creditors in connection with bankruptcy and financial restructuring matters of all types. Mr. Rosen's bankruptcy expertise includes DIP financings, section 363(f) asset sales, automatic stay litigation and plan litigation. His practice also encompasses pre-bankruptcy planning, loan workouts, and out-of-court restructuring.
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS
- Bankruptcy counsel to the independent members of the board of directors of IndyMac Bancorp.
- Representation of Clayton Homes (subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.) in a purchase of the military housing business of Fleetwood Enterprises Inc. in a § 363 sale.
- Bankruptcy counsel to certain directors and officers of New Century Financial Corp.
- Representation of The Yucaipa Companies in purchase of substantially all of the assets of FiberTech Polymers, LLC. in a § 363 sale.
- Representation of Merrill Lynch in matters related to the bankruptcy of Refco, Inc.
- Representation of Merrill Lynch in Cayman Islands liquidation of the SPhinX Funds