Timothy A. Hudson is a litigator who has significant experience representing corporations, government agencies, public officials and other individuals in a wide range of complex civil and commercial disputes before trial and appellate courts and arbitration panels throughout the country.
In 2009 and 2010, Mr. Hudson was named an Illinois "Rising Star" by his peers in SuperLawyers® Magazine, a distinction reserved for the top 2.5% of Illinois lawyers who are under 40 or in practice for 10 years or less.
Mr. Hudson served as a faculty member for the Practicing Law Institute's continuing legal education seminar entitled "Federal Civil Practice 2011: A Practical Guide to New Developments, Procedures, and Strategies" where he discussed new pleading standards and best practices in motion practice following the United States Supreme Court's rulings in Bell Atlantic Corp. v. Twombly and Ashcroft v. Iqbal.
His extensive litigation experience covers areas involving breach of contract, fraud and other business torts, breach of fiduciary duty, employment discrimination, unfair competition, intellectual property, defamation, product liability, banking, class action litigation, and insurance coverage.
In addition to his trial and appellate practice, Mr. Hudson counsels corporate clients on a variety of sensitive and complicated matters, including techniques to avoid litigation.
Mr. Hudson received his law degree in 1999 from the University of Michigan Law School and was a member of the Michigan Telecommunications & Technology Law Review. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1996 from the University of Wisconsin and graduated Phi Beta Kappa.
Mr. Hudson is a member of the Illinois Bar, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar), and the United States Courts of Appeal for the Third and Seventh Circuits. He also is a member of the American Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar Association.
The following are representative matters Mr. Hudson has litigated:
- Successfully represented FT Global 500 company in a four-week federal jury trial involving claims of fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and defamation.
- Successfully represented client before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit after twice obtaining a dismissal of all claims in the District Court.
- Obtained dismissal of employment-related lawsuits against Illinois elected officials.
- Successfully defended financial consulting firm and its managing partner in lawsuit alleging breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Successfully represented client in retrocessional insurance disputes relating to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.
- Assisted in the successful representation of a large corporation in a $700 million fraudulent transfer adversary proceeding arising out of a Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Assisted in the representation of a large corporation in a breach of contract lawsuit that resulted in a $161 million verdict for the client.
- Assisted in the successful defense of a pharmaceutical manufacturer in class action cases involving consumer fraud statutes in various states.
- Obtained appellate court order vacating jury verdict entered against private hospital and remanding for new trial in breach of contract action between hospital and insurance company.