is a corporate partner in Kirkland’s New York office and specializes in private equity and corporate transactions. Typical transactions include mergers and acquisitions, going private transactions, venture capital/growth equity investments, divestitures, recapitalizations, restructurings and workouts and general corporate counseling.
Ms. Zachman is also involved in leadership roles in the Firm’s diversity and pro bono activities.
- Represented Apax Partners, through Viscaria Limited, in its up to $480 million private investment in public equity (PIPE) in Nasdaq-listed iGate Corporation, the proceeds of which were used to partially fund the approximately $1.2 billion acquisition by Gate of a majority stake in Patni Computer Systems Ltd., an Indian software and business process outsourcing company.
- Represented Apax Partners in the $571 million going private of Bankrate, Inc., a provider of personal finance information to consumers.
- Represented Apax Partners in the approximately $1.4 billion going private of The Trizetto Group, Inc., a premier provider of information technology solutions for the healthcare supply chain.
- Represented ABRY Partners in its acquisition of B&H Education, a post-secondary education company that owns and operates one of the largest cosmetology schools in the country.
- Represented OrbiMed in its venture capital investment in Gelesis, Inc., a company developing technologies for the treatment of obesity.
- Represented Entertainment Cruises Inc. in its acquisition of Spirit Cruises, LLC.
- Represented New York & Company, Inc. in its Initial Public Offering on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented Neenah Foundry Corporation in its prepackaged Chapter 11 reorganization of its metalworking business.
- Columbia University Law School (J.D., 2002)
- Harlan Fisk Stone Scholar
- Columbia Business School (M.B.A., 2002)
- Israel Institute of Technology (M.S., Electrical Engineering, 1992)
- University of California, San Diego (B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1988) cum laude