Steve Gillette advises has significant experience representing private equity and other financial sponsors in acquisitions and dispositions of their portfolio companies. Steve also advises on governance and compliance matters and represents strategics in a range of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, public equity and debt securities offerings and venture capital investments.
Steve regularly represents financial sponsors and strategic investors including The Riverside Company, Burrill, NBGI, Quilvest, Abbott Labs and Total SA in acquisition, investment and disposition transactions. Public and private company clients Steve advises on a regular basis include Neurotech, SunPower and Support.com. Steve's recent transactions include:
- The Riverside Company's sales of Momentum Textiles and Media Source and its purchase of Baby Jogger
- Lam Research's $3.3B merger of equals with Novellus
- Total's $1.3B majority investment in SunPower
- Virage Logic's $330 million sale to Synopsys
- SunPower's $3 billion spin-off from Cypress.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D. 1996; Order of the Coif)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A. in Communications 1991)