Stacey Chervin Sigda is a Senior Vice President and Associate General Counsel at Sotheby's responsible for employment and labor law matters, employee benefit plans and executive compensation issues. She has been working at Sotheby's in this capacity for over thirteen years. She focuses on litigation avoidance and human resources/manager training on employment/labor law compliance. She has extensive experience with various regulatory actions, including, but not limited to, labor arbitrations at the American Arbitration Association and unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board. She prepares and educates employees on company policies, including, but not limited to, those involving the use/abuse of e-mail and social media and helps to establish guidelines for the proper use of social media in hiring practices and employee investigations. She also handles art law litigation concerning title and authenticity claims and other commercial litigation in both state and federal court.
Prior to working at Sotheby's, she was an associate at Rogers & Wells (currently Clifford Chance LLP) for five years and prior to that was an associate at Proskauer Rose LLP.
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Committee member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals
- Society for Human Resource Management
- New York University Law School (1992) J.D., Senior Articles Editor, Annual Survey of American Law in which she published "Reinstatement and Promotion to Partnership Ann Hopkins v. PriceWaterhouse".
- Cornell University (1989) magna cum laude, Merrill Presidential Scholar
- Oxford University, Wadham College (1987-1988) visiting scholar
- New York
- Southern and Eastern District Courts of New York
- Second Circuit