is currently the Director of Practice Management at Sutherland. In this role, Sheri oversees the firm’s legal project management (LPM) initiative; group and individual strategic planning; lateral integration; and practice group financial management. Sheri has:
- Developed and implemented the firm’s strategy and approach to legal project management;
- Trained internal and client teams in best practices for legal project management;
- Developed and executed improved lateral integration processes, policies and procedures to ensure effective integration within the first 90 days;
- Developed the process and forms for implementation of group and individual strategic planning; and
- Coordinated and maintained oversight over the yearly practice group budgets.
Additionally, Sheri serves as the Business Manager for the Energy and Environmental Practice Group. As the initial pilot in this role, Sheri has managed the Energy and Environmental Practice Group in various business capacities over the last six years. Sheri has:
- Developed the Energy and Environmental Group’s strategy for approaching the client feedback interview program;
- Executed 10 interviews with energy clients and maintained responsibility for executing the action items that resulted;
- Launched, managed, implemented and tracked progress for the first group-wide strategic planning initiative, and currently manages 13 strategic planning teams;
- Improved efficiencies in billable projects through scope development, time management and resource tracking;
- Implemented strategies to improve lawyer development, realization and work flow;
- Implemented a new budget process group-wide, resulting in significant bottom-line savings and improvements in ROI for expenditures;
- Implemented a group-wide program to involve staff and secretaries in the group’s strategic planning initiatives;
- Implemented a monthly review of group-wide financials to track revenues, trends, billable hours and utilization of resources; and
- Launched three industry blogs.
Sheri has been in the legal industry for 15 years and has held various positions in practice management, project management, business development and marketing.
- M.B.A, University of Maryland University College, 2007
- B.S., University of North Carolina, Charlotte, 1994