Sharon Nelles is a partner in the Firm's Litigation Group. She represents leading global companies and financial institutions in securities, antitrust, and other complex commercial litigation, as well as regulatory and criminal investigations. Ms. Nelles' practice focuses on the interplay among investigations, enforcement proceedings and the civil lawsuits that follow.
Ms. Nelles has represented such clients as Microsoft Corporation, JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Standard Chartered Bank, Diageo and Moody's in high-profile class action and other litigation, including the Microsoft indirect purchaser cases, the JPMorgan Chase/Bank One merger litigations and the Goldman Sachs mutual funds fee disputes. She has tried cases in the state and federal courts on behalf of such clients as Microsoft, Eastman Kodak Company and General Bank, and has represented prominent firms and individuals in proceedings before the Department of Justice, the U.S. Congress, the Securities and Exchange Commission and several state attorney generals. She is currently active in many matters arising from the subprime mortgage crisis.
Ms. Nelles frequently conducts investigations for corporate clients, special committees and boards of directors.
Professional Activities and Community Involvement
- Resource Board, National Association of Women Judges
- Board of Directors, Judges and Lawyers Breast Cancer Alert (JALBCA)
Rankings and Recognitions
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business - recognized as a leading litigator in Antitrust (2007-2010)
- The Legal 500, United States, Volume 3: Litigation - Recommended Lawyer for Securities: Shareholder Litigation (2010, 2011)
- The Legal 500, United States, Volume 3: Litigation - Recommended Lawyer for Antitrust Litigation (2007-2009)
- The Legal 500, United States, Volume 3: Litigation - Recommended Lawyer for White Collar Criminal Defense (2011)
- Lawdragon 500 - selected as one of "500 Leading Lawyers in America" (2009-2010, 2011)
- The American Lawyer - selected as one of "The Young Litigators Fab 50" - 50 litigators under 45 who are expected to be "leading the field for years to come" (January 1, 2007)
- Euromoney's Benchmark: America's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys - cited as a leading practitioner in Litigation (2009-2012)
- New York Super Lawyers (Metro Edition) - recognized as a leading lawyer in Securities, Antitrust and Criminal Defense: White Collar Litigation (2010, 2011)
1993, Boston College Law School, J.D.
1990, New York University, M.A.
1987, Mount Holyoke College, A.B.