Sarah is a partner in the Corporate practice of Clifford Chance and is the Head of our global Consumer Goods group. She has extensive experience in advising multinational corporations on high profile, complex, cross-border M&A in particular in the consumer goods sector. Sarah regularly provides advice on the establishment and ongoing conduct of joint ventures in a wide variety of industries.
Relevant experience includes advising:
- Advising Mondelez International in connection with the acquisition of Keurig Green Mountain by the JAB Holding Company.
- Jacobs Douwe Egberts on the sale of Carte Noire to Lavazza, as a result of the commitments taken by Jacobs Douwe Egberts following the merger of the coffee businesses of Mondelez Group and Douwe Egberts Master Blenders.
- Mondelez International on the combination of its global coffee business with D.E. Master Blenders 1753 B.V to be named Jacobs Douwe Egberts (JDE) and, prior to closing, on its internal restructuring to separate coffee from Mondelez's other operations across more than 40 jurisdictions
- GTECH S.p.A. on its change of corporate seat from Italy to the UK (by means of a European cross border merger) and its acquisition of IGT (by means of a US merger) for an aggregate consideration of US$4.6 billion
- Kraft Foods on its £11.6 billion takeover of Cadbury and subsequent reorganization
- Philip Morris International in its acquisition of a 20% equity interest in Megapolis Distribution BV in Russia for $750 million
- Bridgepoint in the sale of the Permaswage Group to Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC).
- Motorola Solutions, Inc. on its takeover of Psion plc
- TAM Airlines in its US$7 billion merger with Lan Chile to form LATAM Airlines Group S.A.
- Kraft Foods on its €5.3 billion acquisition of the global biscuits business of Danone
- Kraft Foods on its US$1.067 billion acquisition of the Iberian biscuits operations of United Biscuits
- Phillip Morris International on its US$5.2 billion acquisition of HM Sampoerna TBK
- Altria Group on the US$5.622 billion merger of Miller Brewing with South African Breweries (to form SABMiller)
Ms. Jones has been a partner with the firm since 2001 and has been based in its New York office since 2006. She is admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales and to the New York Bar.