Sarah Jones is a partner in the Corporate practice of Clifford Chance specializing in public and private M&A and joint ventures. She is admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales and to the New York Bar.
Experience includes advising:
- Motorola Solutions, Inc. on its takeover of Psion plc
- TAM Airlines in its US$7 billion merger with Lan Chile to form LATAM Airlines Group S.A.
- Kraft Foods on its £11.6 billion takeover of Cadbury
- Kraft Foods on its €5.3 billion acquisition of the global biscuits business of Danone
- Kraft Foods on its US$1.067 billion acquisition of the Iberian biscuits operations of United Biscuits
- Phillip Morris International on its US$5.2 billion acquisition of HM Sampoerna TBK
- Altria Group on the US$5.622 billion merger of Miller Brewing with South African Breweries (to form SABMiller)
- Permira on the sale of Memec Group Holdings Limited, a leading global distributor specializing in semiconductors, to Avnet, Inc., a company listed on the New York Stock Exchange, in a stock and cash transaction valued at approximately US $676 million
- The Industrious group of companies and its shareholders (including Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund) on the sale of a portfolio of properties to Brixton plc for a consideration of £675 million
- Investment Dar-led consortium of financial sponsors in their US$925 million acquisition of Aston Martin from Ford Motor Company.
- A syndicate of banks, the coordinators of which were JPMorgan and RBS, on the restructuring of the CHF1.7 billion debt of Cablecom GmbH (A subsidiary of MTL Europe and the largest provider of cable television in Switzerland)