As a partner in Davis Polk's Corporate Department, Ms. Beshar represents clients in U.S. and global capital markets transactions and advises on general securities and corporate governance issues. She regularly works for issuers and underwriters and has taken a leading role in public and private debt and equity offerings, including initial public offerings, secondary and convertible offerings and investment-grade and non-investment-grade debt. Ms. Beshar has also advised many companies in connection with their general corporate governance, compliance and securities work. A recent noteworthy transaction was advising the underwriters on the General Motors $23.1 billion initial public offering, which was the largest IPO in history.
Ms. Beshar also has significant experience in the development of new financial products, including various types of synthetic exchangeable securities and other equity-, index-, commodity- and currency-linked products for retail and institutional investors. She is lead counsel to JPMorgan Chase on their registered and unregistered structured products issuance programs.
- Completed the largest initial public offering in history ($23.1 billion initial public offering of General Motors)
- Has represented Morgan Stanley, J.P. Morgan Securities, Credit Suisse First Boston, Banc of America and other banks in capital markets transactions
- Advises on JPMorgan Chase's structured products programs and other complex securities
- Completed the largest debt offering in U.S. history (General Motors' $17.6 billion debt sale)
- Advised on the $101.9 million SEC-registered secondary offering of EnerSys
- Advised on the General Motors $23.1 billion initial public offering
- Advised J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. in connection with the Range Resources equity and guaranteed high-yield offering
- Advised Limited Brands on its $500 million guaranteed high-yield notes offering
- Advised Patriot Coal Corporation on its $250 million SEC-registered offering of high-yield senior notes
Ms. Beshar is listed as a leading lawyer in Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business and Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
- Trustee, University of Western Australia (America)
- Trustee, Magdalen College, Oxford University
- Partner, 1994-present
- Associate, 1986-1994