Barrister, called to the Bar of England and Wales October 1994
- Barrister specialising in Financial Crime - Insider Dealing, Market Abuse, Fraud and Corruption (SFO Prosecutions) and Financial Regulatory and Disciplinary Proceedings.
- Acts for the FSA in its high profile insider dealing prosecutions including R v Sanders and Others - first US / UK case involving parallel SEC and DOJ proceedings. Features in "The Lawyer's Top 20 Cases for 2012"; R v Ahmad and Sidhu, FSA's first "plea bargaining" case using SOCPA powers; R v Malcolm "Streaky" Calvert, prosecution of former partner of Queen's stockbroker Cazenove and Co for insider dealing based on information derived from Cazenove's corporate broking department.
- Regarded as a leading expert on insider dealing and market abuse. Currently writing "Insider Dealing Law and Practice" for Oxford University Press. First UK practitioners' book on insider dealing.
- Experienced in advising on and conducting Enforcement Investigations into failings within UK financial institutions and firms, including systems and controls failures, money laundering, fraud, corruption, market abuse and insider dealing.
- Lexis Nexis Editiorial Board member and contributing author on Financial Services topics for LexisPSL.
- Lectures nationally and internationally on insider dealing, market abuse and financial fraud including money laundering and ribery Act topics.
- Leading courtroom advocacy trainer both nationally and internationally including at the ICC, ICTY, Special Court for Sierra Leone, Bosnia and Herzegovina Supreme Court, Malaysian Bar and Judiciary and South African Bar.
- Bar Finals,1994
- Durham University, BA Hons (Law), 1993