SALVATORE LaMONICA is a partner and co-founder of LH&M. After graduating from law school, he was employed at the Manhattan District Counsel of the Internal Revenue Service. From 1989 to 1991, Salvatore served as a law clerk to the Honorable Dorothy Eisenberg, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Eastern District of New York. From there, he became a partner at Jaspan Schlesinger Silverman & Hoffman, located in Garden City, New York, as a member of their bankruptcy and workout department. In 1998, he started LH&M with the other founding partners. Salvatore is a frequent lecturer on bankruptcy and bankruptcy-related issues.
On March 4, 2009, Salvatore was appointed to the panel of Chapter 7 trustees of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 1988
- B.S., Manhattan College, 1985
- Xaverian High School, Brooklyn, New York, 1981
- Courts of the State of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
Honors and Affiliations
- Managing Editor, Hofstra Law Review (1987-1988)
- Frequent lecturer for the National Bankruptcy Institute, the Nassau County Bar Association and the Suffolk County Bar Association on bankruptcy related matters
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association, Long Island Chapter
- New York State Bar Association
- Columbian Lawyers of Nassau County
- merican Bankruptcy
- Institute National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees