Bonni F. Kaufman is Partner in the Public Policy and Regulation Group of Holland & Knight LLP, where she focuses on the practice of environmental law. Ms. Kaufman represents real estate, industrial, transportation, and manufacturing clients in a wide variety of matters relating to environmental laws, focusing on regulatory enforcement and compliance, product regulation, environmental aspects of corporate and real estate transactions and litigation. She has counseled clients with respect to compliance with environmental regulatory requirements under the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, RCRA, CERCLA, FIFRA, TSCA, and state law and has successfully resolved enforcement actions and litigation related to violations of environmental regulations and migration of contamination. She has represented developers, lenders, and bond issuers in connection with military housing privatization projects around the country. She advises clients in connection with the purchase, sale and development of environmentally impacted properties and brownfields development. She also advises public companies with respect to environmental and climate change disclosures.
Ms. Kaufman has successfully litigated environmental penalty actions and liability actions, citizen suits, environmental insurance recovery claims and bankruptcy claims. She has participated in numerous alternative dispute resolution procedures, including mediation and arbitration. She is also a frequent writer and speaker on environmental issues.
Professional Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers guide, Environment Law, 2010
- National Brownfields Association
- American Bar Association, Section on Energy, Environment and Resources
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- District of Columbia Bar, Section on Energy and the Environment
- U.S. Appeals Court, Second Circuit
- U.S. Appeals Court, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for Maryland
- Public Policy & Regulation
- Sustainable Development
- Aviation Regulation
- Climate Change
- Federal Practice
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
Emory University, B.A.
District of Columbia, Maryland