Peter M. Astiz
focuses on general counsel services for high technology companies; private and public financing transactions; and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Astiz represents both issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings and follow-on offerings as well as convertible debt offerings under Rule 144A. Among his many IPOs, Mr. Astiz represented salesforce.com in the first SaaS IPO and the underwriters in connection with the Groupon IPO. He also represents buyers and sellers in public and private merger and acquisition transactions. Mr. Astiz also represents issuers and venture capitalists in venture capital and other private placement financings.
Legal 500 has recognized Mr. Astiz for his Capital Markets: Equity Offerings practice. The San Francisco Business Times has named him among the best lawyers in the San Francisco Bay area.
Mr. Astiz was previously Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel of Emusic.com (Nasdaq:EMUS).
Mr. Astiz has represented:
- The underwriters in the IPO of the leading local e-commerce deals marketplace company
- The issuer in a mobile marketing company IPO and follow-on offering
- The issuer in a Communications-as-a-Service company IPO
- A public defense company in an auction process and sale
- A semiconductor company in a high-yield 144A note offering
- The issuers in over $200 million of venture capital financings
- An issuer in a semiconductor company IPO
- An issuer in an Internet marketing company IPO
- A public company defending hostile takeover, auction process and ultimate sale
- An issuer in a server company IPO
- Buyers and sellers in multiple private company M&A transactions
- An issuer in a convertible debt offering under Rule 144A
- An issuer in an Internet commerce IPO
- An issuer in an SaaS software company IPO
- An underwriter in a convertible debt offering under Rule 144A
J.D., University of San Francisco 1982; Articles Editor, Law Review
B.S., University of California at Berkeley 1979
Business Administration, specializations in accounting and finance California