Paul Gupta, a litigation partner in the New York and Silicon Valley offices, is a member of Orrick's 150-lawyer Intellectual Property Group. Mr. Gupta's practice focuses on representing Fortune 500 and other clients in federal district court proceedings and arbitrations. He primarily handles intellectual property, IT, cyber-security, privacy and clean tech matters.
He is currently or has recently been lead counsel in litigation pending in district courts in California, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Texas and Virginia. He is also counseling clients throughout the United States on a variety of technology law matters.
He serves on the Board of the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA), as well as the Advisory Boards of the Computer Technology Law Report and Electronic Commerce & Law Report.
Mr. Gupta regularly lectures at PLI and other CLE programs, and he frequently has been quoted in the media about his cases and about legal developments.
He is a graduate of Yale College (Phi Beta Kappa) and Harvard Law School. Further biographical information about Mr. Gupta can be found in Who's Who in the World.
According to the 2011 edition of Chambers USA, Mr. Gupta is "praised as 'a great negotiator and strategist.'" An earlier Chambers edition reported that "Mr. Gupta is renowned for his work in the technology arena."
- J.D., Harvard Law School
- B.A., Yale University
- Leading Lawyer in Intellectual Property, Chambers USA, 2011.
- Moderator, Judges Panel, PLI.
- Advisory Boards of BNA's Computer Technology Law Report, and The Electronic Commerce & Law Report.
- Commentator for the London-based European Intellectual Property Review.
- Selected as one of the World's Leading 250 IP Strategists by Intellectual Asset Management.