Patricia A. Etzold is an Advisory Services Partner in the International Investigation and Litigation practice in New York. She provides specialized advisory services to boards of directors, audit committees, and internal and external counsel of multi-national companies. She specializes in leading international forensic financial fraud and corruption investigations and remediation programs. She has assisted the Department of Justice in their prosecution of certain matters and has assisted company's counsel respond to informal and formal Securities and Exchange Commission and Department of Justice inquiries.
Some of her representative engagements include:
- Litigation consulting for a white collar crime matter related to the defense of the former CEO of a company which manufactured computer products.
- Litigation consulting and analysis for a white collar matter related to the defense of investment bank CEO and Chairman in an insider trading case.
- International financial fraud investigation of Food Retail Company. Investigation identified a number of including overstatement of income through the use of fictitious promotional allowances. Investigation entailed investigations at 21 operating companies throughout the world and at the foreign headquarters.
- Developed and implemented anti-corruption workplan and reviews for German global automotive company to identify and remediate anti-corruption controls and compliance gaps. Initial roll-out of reviews completed 24 entities within three months
- FCPA investigation for a research-based biomedical and pharmaceutical company to investigate bribery allegations and develop internal control remediation action plans.
- FCPA compliance remediation for a German global electronics and engineering company to address anti-bribery and anti-corruption deficiencies. Provided consultation on development and implementation of controls in high risk activities. . Developed and presented corruption control and compliance training to company's international Compliance and Internal Audit teams. Assisted the Company develop and implement a global business partner compliance due diligence e-tool.
- Acquisition FCPA due diligence for global energy company with a diverse portfolio of power generation products and services.
- Development and implementation of third party program for a global company that provides electronic security products and services, fire protection and detection products and services, and valves and controls in more than 60 countries.
Ms. Etzold brings over 20 years of accounting and global business experience to her clients. She is a regular speaker on financial and bribery forensic investigative and remedial topics and has trained Compliance and Internal Audit executives. She co-authors the PricewaterhouseCoopers' Securities Litigation Study and has authored various articles on global security litigation and forensic investigative topics. She is a Certified Public Accountant and is also certified in financial forensics by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). She is a member of the AICPA, the New York Society of Certified Public Accountants and the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants.