Pamela S. Tikellis
Pamela S. Tikellis is a co-founder of Chimicles & Tikellis LLP and serves on the Firm’s Executive Committee. Upon graduating from law school, Ms. Tikellis served as a law clerk in the nationally recognized Court of Chancery in Wilmington, Delaware.
Ms. Tikellis served as Co-Lead Counsel in the class action challenging the $21 billion management-led buyout of Kinder Morgan, Inc., In re Kinder Morgan, Inc. Shareholders Litigation, Consol. C.A. No. 06-C-801 (Kan.). That action resulted in the creation of a $200 million settlement fund, the largest common fund in a merger and acquisition settlement. She served as Lead Counsel in the class action challenging Roche Holding’s buyout of Genentech, Inc., In re Genentech, Inc. Shareholders Litigation, Civil Action No. 3911-VCS. The litigation was settled shortly after the Court of Chancery held a hearing on Plaintiffs’ motion for a preliminary injunction and prior to the closing of a transaction. The settlement provided for, among other things, the additional $4 billion in consideration paid to the minority shareholders in the transaction.
Ms. Tikellis served as Co-Lead Counsel in the Court of Chancery derivative litigation arising from Barnes & Noble, Inc.’s acquisition of Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, Inc., In re Barnes & Noble Stockholder Derivative Litigation, Civil Action No. 4813-CS. The case settled for nearly $30 million.
Ms. Tikellis currently serves as Co-Lead Counsel in the Court of Chancery derivative litigation City of Roseville Employees Retirement System, et al. v Lawrence J. Ellison, et al., C.A. No. 6900-CS. This action arises out of Oracle Corporation’s acquisition of Pillar Data Systems, Inc. In addition, Ms. Tikellis serves as Co-Lead Counsel in In re Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold Inc., C.A. No. 8145-VN, a derivative action arising out of Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold Inc.’s agreement to acquire Plains Exploration Production Co. and McMoran Exploration Production Co. and as Co-Lead Counsel in In re Sanchez Energy, Inc. Derivative Litigation, C.A. No. 9132-VCG, a derivative action arising out of Sanchez Energy’s acquisition of certain assets from an entity affiliated with Sanchez Energy’s CEO at a grossly excessive price.
Ms. Tikellis is a frequent lecturer on issues of Delaware corporate law, ethics and Court of Chancery procedures in various forums.
Named repeatedly in Chambers and Partners as a Leading Individual, Ms. Tikellis is known as “an experienced member of the Delaware Bar and is well thought of for her plaintiff-side litigation expertise. She advises on and appears in transactional cases and antitrust and securities fraud disputes.”
- Corporate Mismanagement & Shareholder Derivative Action
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Securities Fraud
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 1982
- Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, Managing Editor
- Graduate Faculty of the New School for Social Research, Master’s in Psychology, 1976
- Manhattanville College, B.S., 1974
Memberships and Associations:
- Delaware Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Litigation and Business Sections)
- District of Delaware
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- 1994-2012 Member of the Board of Bar Examiners of the Supreme Court of the State of Delaware, Chair from 2010-2012
- Historical Society of the Court of Chancery by Order of the Delaware Supreme Court, Director and Officer
- The Delaware Bar Admission Study Committee by Order of the Delaware Supreme Court, Member
- 1989-1992 Delaware Bar Association Ethics Committee, Chairman
- 2011, 2012, and 2013 Chambers USA – Ranked As Leading Individual
- 2012 and 2013 Best Lawyers
- 2007 through present – Named Delaware Super Lawyer
- Member, Richard N. Rodney Inn of Court
- Martindale Hubbell – AV rated