Pamela Bresnahan is a partner in the Vorys Washington, D.C. office and is the head of the litigation practice group in that office. She serves as trial and appellate counsel in business and commercial litigation matters, with an emphasis on professional liability defense and coverage litigation. She represents lawyers, financial institutions, broker/dealers, financial professionals, directors and officers, fiduciaries, insurers and other professionals. Ms. Bresnahan serves as coverage and litigation counsel for insurers issuing errors and omissions policies. She represents businesses and individuals in securities, intellectual property and other corporate litigation. She advises law firms and lawyers on management issues and discipline matters.
Career highlights include:
- Inducted into American College of Trial Lawyers
- Being named by the National Law Journal as one of the 100 most influential lawyers in America
- Being named as one of the 50 most influential women lawyers in America by the National Law Journal
- Being named to Best Lawyers in America in three categories, Legal Malpractice, Commercial Litigation, and Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Being named as one of Washington's top lawyers by Washingtonian magazine
- Being named to D.C. Super Lawyers
Ms. Bresnahan has spoken on various topics in the United States and Europe on professional responsibility, professional liability, risk management, insurance coverage, and commercial litigation issues.
Ms. Bresnahan received her J.D. from the University of Maryland School of Law with honors and her B.A. magna cum laude, with general honors, from the University of Maryland where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Phi Kappa Phi.
Ms. Bresnahan is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, California, Illinois, Maryland and New York.