Nicole Levin Mesard is a corporate partner and a member of the firm’s Real Estate Group. She is experienced in all aspects of real estate law, including sophisticated financings, joint ventures, acquisitions and sales of retail and commercial properties, and restructurings of commercial real estate loans, including in bankruptcy. Chambers USA (2009) describes Ms. Mesard as “a go-getter and an assertive negotiator,” and The Legal 500 (2009) lauds her as “conscientious and outstanding.”
Ms. Mesard joined Debevoise in 2001 and became a partner in 2008. She received her B.A. from the State University of New York at Albany magna cum laude in 1994, and her J.D. from Tulane University magna cum laude in 1997.
Ms. Mcsard's recent representations include:
• Tishman Speyer Office Fund, a property tmst listed on the ASX, in restructuring a $400 million senior secured credit facility and repaying a $175 million term loan.
• Westfield America in its purchase of fifteen small department store locations from Federated Department Stores.
• Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $7.1 billion acquisition with Kohlberg Kravis Roberts of U.S. Foodservice from Royal Ahold N.V., including mortgage and mezzanine financing of over $600 million secured by 60 distribution facilities.
• A leading financial services company in its $500 million sale of 18 Senior A-notes and two B-notes to Starwood Property Trust, secured by retail and office assets located throughout the U.S.
• Beacon Capital in its rcfmancing of the John Hancock complex in Boston, Massachusetts.
• Westfield America in its $400 million acquisition of Broward Mall and Westland Mall in Lauderdale, Florida.