is the co-chair of Covington’s White Collar Defense
and Investigations Practice Group. She represents companies and
individuals in a variety of white collar criminal and regulatory
enforcement matters and complex civil litigation.
Ms. Kestenbaum has
conducted corporate internal investigations and defended institutions
and dozens of officers, directors, executives, accountants and attorneys
in grand jury, SEC, antitrust, and other regulatory investigations. Ms.
Kestenbaum has extensive experience representing clients in the
financial services, life sciences and technology industries and also
represents clients in complex civil litigation.
Ms. Kestenbaum served for nine years as a federal prosecutor in the
United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York,
where she investigated and prosecuted numerous cases including
securities fraud, tax offenses, bank fraud, money laundering, obstruction
of justice, civil rights violations, bribery and perjury, and served as Chief
of the General Crimes Unit and Deputy Chief of the Criminal Division,
where she supervised and trained dozens of other prosecutors.
- U.S. Attorney's Office, Southern District of New York, Chief, General Crimes Unit (2002-2003)
- U.S. Attorney's Office, Southern District of New York, Deputy Chief, Criminal Division (2002)
- U.S. Attorney's Office, Southern District of New York, Assistant United States Attorney (1994-2002)
HONORS AND RANKINGS
- Euromoney, Benchmark: The Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys - Future Litigation Star, NY (2009-2011)
- New York Super Lawyer, White Collar (2007-2011)
- Legal 500, White Collar (2008)