Adele Hogan's practice focuses on:
• General corporate matters
• Securities & finance
• M&A and joint ventures
• Restructurings and bankruptcies
• Private equity, hedge funds and derivatives
• Internal investigations, FCPA and dispute resolutions
• Regulatory, compliance and risk
In the securities area, Ms. Hogan has worked for underwriters and issuers in a wide array of industries on offerings of diverse types of securities, including investment grade debt, IPOs of common stock, trust preferred securities, medium-term note programs, 144A offerings, debt tenders, and consent solicitations. She regularly advises on SEC reporting, disclosure and corporate governance issues. Throughout her career, Ms. Hogan has worked on more than 125 offerings totaling over $200 billion.
Her work in the restructuring and bankruptcy area involves diverse industries, including airlines, automotive, chemicals, energy and utilities, financial institutions, gaming, hotels and leisure, real estate, and retail.
In the M&A area, she has experience with public company tender offers, going-private transactions, spin-offs, joint ventures and private equity deals.
In regulatory, compliance, risk and internal investigations, her work has included FCPA and whistleblower matters, SEC and FINRA regulatory matters, and corporate governance work.
She has practiced corporate law at some of New York City’s largest firms, including Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP for 10 years, Shearman & Sterling LLP for 4 years, Willkie, Farr & Gallagher for 5 years, and Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP, and was a partner at Linklaters LLP and White & Case LLP.
Nationally ranked for the six consecutive years as a leading lawyer in the area of capital markets by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
Named in New York Best Lawyers – 2013
Past Trustee of The Spence School, New York
Past Chairman and Trustee of The School for Strings, New York
Current Director of non-for-profit, New York
| New York City Bar|
- M&A Committee (2010-present)
- Chair of the Securities Regulation Committee (2007-2010)
- Chair of the Financial Reporting Committee (2004-2007)
| New York State Bar Association|
- Executive Committee member of Business Law Committee (2007-2009)
- Securities Regulation Committee (2006-present)
| American Bar Association|
- Federal Securities Regulation (2005–present)
| Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals|
- NY Chapter (2010-present)
- Westchester and Southern CT Chapter (2011-present)
|National Association of Corporate Directors (2011-present)|
SIFMA: Legal and Compliance Committee (2009-2010)
Adjunct Professor of Law: Fordham University Law School (2000-2003)