Mona Patel is a partner in the Litigation and White Collar Defense & Investigations practice groups and is resident in the firm’s Washington Office. She represents companies, boards of directors, and senior executives in internal investigations, white collar criminal defense matters, and complex commercial litigation.
Ms. Patel has substantial experience representing and counseling pharmaceutical and other healthcare companies in large scale internal and government investigations and related civil litigation and compliance matters. Ms. Patel also conducts internal FCPA investigations for companies and provides guidance to clients on FCPA compliance issues and program elements. She has litigated business tort and complex contract cases across a broad range of industries, and has represented clients before state and federal courts on a variety of matters, including False Claims Act cases.
- Conducted risk assessment and developed comprehensive anti-corruption compliance program for a large international manufacturing company.
- Led an internal FCPA investigation for a global automotive and engineering services company.
- Served as Board-appointed monitor for a national health care company under criminal and civil investigation; representation included systems reviews and assessment of compliance program, policies and practices, internal investigations of alleged misconduct by executives, and recommendations as to corrective actions.
- Defended major pharmaceutical manufacturer in federal investigation and related state and multi-district litigation challenging AWP (average wholesale price) practices.
- Defended major pharmaceutical manufacturers in federal investigations of nominal pricing and Best Price practices.
- Defended major pharmaceutical manufacturer in qui tam and employment litigation with potential collateral consequences in government investigations.