Mitchell Zuklie, a corporate lawyer, is the co-office leader for Orrick's Silicon Valley office and heads the firm's energy industry group. Mr. Zuklie focuses on the formation, financing and general corporate counseling of technology businesses. Mr. Zuklie has completed several hundred venture capital financings and numerous public offerings, mergers, acquisitions and technology licensing transactions.
Mr. Zuklie's clients include:
- Accelergy (materials development; funded by Sequoia Capital, Goldman, Sachs & Co., Technology Partners, nth Power, Advent International and Mobius Venture Partners)
- AltaRock Energy, Inc. (enhanced geothermal systems; funded by Kleiner Perkins, Khosla Ventures, Google, ATV and Great Point Energy)
- CoolIris (weblink preview and search; funded by Kleiner Perkins)
- echoSign (electronic document retention; funded by Storm Ventures)
- eHarmony (Internet; funded by Sequoia Capital, Technology Crossover Ventures and others)
- Foxmarks (bookmark synchronization and search; funded by Redpoint and Mitch Kapor)
- Kace Networks (software distribution management; funded by Sigma and Norwest Venture Partners)
- Laurus Energy (coal gasification project development; funded by Mohr Davidow Ventures)
- Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia (NYSE: MSO)
- MetaRAM, Inc. (semiconductor technologies; funded by Kleiner Perkins, Storm Ventures and Khosla Ventures)
- MIOX (water disinfection; funded by Sierra Ventures and Doll Capital)
- Mixer Labs (stealth; funded by Sequoia Capital)
- Motosport (Internet; funded by Sequoia Capital, Lehman and IVP)
- Nanosolar (cleantech; funded by Benchmark Capital, Mohr, Davidow Ventures and others)
- Pandora Media (Internet; funded by Labrador Ventures, Walden VC, Selby and others )
- Presto Services Inc. (Internet; funded by Kleiner, Perkins and Clearstone)
- Qteros (cellulose-to-ethanol; funded by Battery Ventures, Soros Fund, Venrock and Verasun Energy)
- Real Goods Solar (leading residential solar services; NASDAQ)
- Recurrent Energy (distributed solar generating networks; funded by Mohr Davidow Ventures)
- Skyline Solar (solar concentrator technology; funded by NEA and Moser Baer)
- Stupid Fun Club (entertainment think tank; funded by Will Wright and Electronic Arts)
- Suniva (high-efficiency silicon photovoltaics; funded by NEA, HIG and Goldman Sachs)
- Symphony Services Corp. (software; funded by T.H. Lee and others)
- ThinSilicon (stealth; funded by Sequoia Capital)
- Vertica Systems (next generation database management; funded by NEA, Bessemer, Kleiner Perkins and Highland)
- Zoom Systems (automated retail; funded by NeoCarta Ventures, Sierra and Goldman Sachs & Co.)
Mr. Zuklie has represented numerous venture capital clients, including Accel Partners; Benchmark Capital; Bessemer Venture Partners; Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers; Mohr, Davidow Ventures; U.S. Venture Partners; and Sequoia Capital. Mr. Zuklie has also represented investment banks such as Goldman, Sachs & Co. and Credit Suisse First Boston.
Mr. Zuklie was one of the authors of the National Venture Capital Association's model venture capital financing forms.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Zuklie was a director at Venture Law Group.