Mitch Eitel, a member of the Firm's Financial Institutions and Mergers and Acquisitions Groups, focuses on financial services mergers and acquisitions, securities transactions, private equity investments and bank regulatory matters.
Mitch has been recognized widely for his work, including being twice named a "Dealmaker of the Year" by The American Lawyer magazine. He also was among the very first lawyers to be named a "Dealmaker of the Week" by the same publication. Mitch's recognitions also reflect his approach to client service, having been named by BTI Consulting to its Client Service All-Star Team.
Mr. Eitel is a frequent speaker and panelist, particularly in the areas of financial services M&A and private equity transactions. In December 2010, Mr. Eitel and was featured in a Bloomberg Law interview, discussing litigation emanating from the financial crisis. He is co-chair of an annual Practising Law Institute conference on Financial Services and co-chair of the annual SNL Bank M&A Symposium.
He is a fellow of the American Bar Association as well as counsel to the Archeological Institute of America. Mr. Eitel is also a former vice-chair of the International Financial Services Committee of the ABA.
- BTI Client Service All-Star Team (2009)
- The American Lawyer, "Dealmaker of the Week" (October 3, 2008)
- The American Lawyer, "Dealmaker of the Year" (2008)
- The American Lawyer, "Dealmaker of the Year" (2007)
- The Lawyer: Transatlantic Elite 2009
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Recognized for Financial Services - Regulation; Financial Services - M&A; Corporate M&A (since 2006)
- The Best Lawyers in America (since 2008)
- New York Super Lawyers - recognized for M&A (since 2007)
- Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition - recognized for M&A (January-February 2009)
- Lawdragon 500: Leading Lawyers in America (since 2007)
- Lawdragon 500: Leading Dealmakers in America (2007)
- The Legal 500 (2009)
- IFLR1000 (since 2008)
- The International Who's Who of Banking Lawyers (2011)
1987, Columbia Law School, J.D.
1984, Columbia University, A.B.