Minh Van Ngo
Minh Van Ngo is a partner in Cravath's Corporate Department. His practice primarily encompasses mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance matters.
Mr. Van Ngo's general corporate clients have included Affiliated Computer Services, The Container Store and Orascom Construction Industries. His recent transactions include representing:
* The Board of Directors of Massey Energy in connection with the company's potential sale to Alpha Natural Resources for approximately $8.5 billion;
* NNS Holding in connection with the negotiation of various corporate governance arrangements with respect to Texas Industries, Inc. (TXI);
* Universal Health Services, Inc. in its acquisition of Psychiatric Solutions, Inc. for approximately $3.1 billion;
* Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. in its unsolicited offer to acquire all outstanding shares of Airgas, Inc. for approximately $7 billion;
* Affiliated Computer Services in its acquisition by Xerox Corporation for approximately $8.4 billion;
* The Kuwait Sovereign Fund in capital restructurings with respect to several of its investments;
* The Board of Directors of National City Corporation in connection with the company's $5.2 billion acquisition by PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.;
* Lazard as financial advisor to Bear Stearns in its acquisition by JPMorgan Chase;
* The Container Store in its exploration of strategic alternatives and resulting financial partnership with private investment firm Leonard Green & Partners, L.P.; and
* Goldman, Sachs & Co. as financial advisor to the Special Committee of the Guitar Center Board of Directors in Guitar Center, Inc.'s acquisition by Bain Capital Partners LLC for approximately $2.1 billion.
In 2010, Mr. Van Ngo was recognized by The Legal 500 for his work in M&A: Mega-Deals.
Mr. Van Ngo is from California. He received a B.A. summa cum laude from Duke University in 1998 and a J.D. from Yale Law School in 2001. Mr. Van Ngo joined Cravath in 2001 and became a partner in 2009.