Mr. Sackheim concentrates on exchange-traded and over-the-counter derivatives regulatory, transactional and enforcement matters, including structured products. He regularly advises financial entities on the implications of Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Act. He is also a member of a practice group that regularly advises derivatives end users.
Memberships and Affiliations
Past Chair, New York City Bar’s Futures & Derivatives Regulation Committee.
Managing Editor, Futures & Derivatives Law Report (Thomson Reuters, publ.).
Member, Thomson Reuters Governance, Risk and Compliance, Business Law Partner Advisory Board.
Member, Futures Industry Association, Law & Compliance Division.
- Structuring Swaps Inline with U.S. Anti-Evasion Rules (International Financial Law Review, February 2014)
- Professional Responsibility Issues for Swaps Lawyers Under Dodd-Frank (Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation, November 2012)
- Four Critical Issues Affecting Commodity Pools and Derivative Transactions Under Proposed Regulations Implementing the Volcker Rule (Futures & Derivatives Law Report, June 2012)
- In the Aftermath of MF Global (Law360, December 21, 2011)
- Dodd-Frank Act Has Its First Birthday, But Derivatives End Users Have Little Cause to Celebrate (Harvard Business Law Review Online, July 2011)
- Position Limits for Commodity Derivatives Under Dodd-Frank (Thomson Reuters Accelus™ - Business Law Currents, June 21, 2011)
- Ethical Issues for Lawyers Under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act: Lawyer Representations Under the End-User Swap Exemption (Securities Regulation & Law Report, June 6, 2011)
- Commodities Regulation and Derivatives (Chapters 3 and 16, Derivatives: Legal Practice and Strategies, Aspen Publishers, 2010)
- Deconstructing Dodd-Frank: Regulation of Over-the-Counter Derivatives (Practical Law, November 2010)
- Knocking on the Clearinghouse Door (Futures & Derivatives Law Report, August 2010)
- Energy Prosecutions: Is the CFTC Out of Gas? (Futures & Derivatives Law Report, December 2009)
- DB Commodity Index Tracking Fund: An Innovative Exchange-Traded Fund (Futures Industry Magazine, May/June 2006)
- Derivatives, Issuers & Counsel: Reporting of Material Violations (Derivatives Week, December 22, 2004)
- False Reporting of OTC Energy Transactions (Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation, August 2004)
- Ethical Standards for New York Brokerage House Attorneys (Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation, October 2000)