Michael Carroll is a partner in Davis Polk’s Litigation Department. He has represented a wide range of clients in federal and state jury trials, and in government investigations and administrative trials. He also defends corporations and boards of directors in federal and state class-action litigation. His matters have included record-setting jury verdicts on both the plaintiff and defense sides. Mr. Carroll’s work also includes confidential internal investigations on behalf of corporations facing potential criminal and regulatory exposure.
- NFL v. Comcast (FCC Trial) (lead trial counsel for Comcast in dispute concerning telecasting of NFL Channel)
- In re Clear Channel (New York and Texas state courts) (lead defense counsel for bank group in litigation over funding of private equity acquisition)
- In re Tyco Securities Litigation (New Hampshire federal court) (lead defense counsel for accounting firm in securities class action filed in the aftermath of criminal investigation of Tyco)
- Oracle v. PeopleSoft (Delaware Chancery Court) (lead counsel for Oracle in its successful acquisition of PeopleSoft)
- The Common Fund v. KPMG (S.D.N.Y. 2000) (lead trial counsel for defendant accounting firm; named defense jury verdict of the year by The National Law Journal)
- In the Matter of KPMG Peat Marwick (lead trial counsel in SEC enforcement action)
- Haft v. Haft (D.C. state court) (lead trial counsel for plaintiff in family business dispute; record jury verdict for client)