Mike Delikat, a partner in the New York office, serves as chair of Orrick's Global Employment Law Practice and previously served as the managing director of Orrick's Litigation Division. He is also the founder and co-chair of Orrick's Whistleblower Working Group.
Mr. Delikat has an active litigation practice and handles a number of high-visibility class action and impact cases. Mr. Delikat has extensive experience with issues arising from trade secret misappropriation and the enforcement of post-employment restrictions and class actions based on gender and race, with a particular expertise representing companies in the financial services industry.
Mr. Delikat has also been called upon by a number of major corporations, boards of directors and audit committees to handle high exposure internal investigations. He is one of the leading lawyers representing major corporations in the defense of Sarbanes-Oxley, Dodd-Frank Act and other whistleblower claims and is the author of the first treatise published on this subject (see below in Publications).
- AIG Corporation: The Board of Directors of this company retained Mr. Delikat to conduct a high-profile internal investigation of one of its senior executives.
- Facebook: Mr. Delikat leads a global team that represents Facebook on all of its employment law matters throughout the world.
- JP Morgan Chase: Mr. Delikat has represented this client on a variety of employment litigation matters including whistleblower issues and the enforcement of post-employment restrictions involving litigation in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association: This client regularly looks to Mr. Delikat for representation in filing amicus briefs on issues of paramount importance to SIFMA and its members.
- Wyeth/Pfizer: Mr. Delikat successfully represented this client on several Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower matters, including Livingston v. Wyeth, which was the first U.S. Court of Appeals decision on what constitutes protected activity under the whistleblower provisions of SOX.
- Oracle: Mr. Delikat represented Oracle in multiple litigations, including a preliminary injunction trial involving efforts by a competitor to enforce its non-compete agreements.