Partner with Cooper, White & Cooper LLP; principally engaged in professional liability, media law, civil and criminal litigation in federal and state courts. State-wide practice as ethics counsel to lawyers and law firms on professional responsibility, professional liability, law firm mergers and dissolutions and lawyer discipline.
- LL.M., George Washington University, June 1972. Graduated with highest honors.
- J.D., Hastings College of the Law, June 1968. Order of the Coif, Thurston Law Society, Hastings Law Journal.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND AWARDS
- Certified Specialist in Legal Malpractice Law Member, American Bar Association, Center for Professional Responsibility, Policy Implementation Committee and Editorial Board
- American Law Institute
- Vice Chair, State Bar of California Commission for the Revision of the Rules of Professional Conduct
- Former Chair, State Bar Committee on Professional Responsibility and Conduct
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Former Chair, Bar Association of San Francisco Legal Ethics Committee
- President, Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers
- Bar Association of San Francisco Certificate of Merit Award
- Recipient, Spirit of the CEB Award, 2005