Louise Patry is a partner in the Labour & Employment, Litigation and Corporate/Commercial practices.
Louise has an extensive experience in several fields of the labour and employment domain. She is known for her expert negotiation and arbitration skills.
Louise provides practical and expedient solutions for employee transfers and downsizing operations, wrongful dismissal cases, pay equity cases, workers' compensation, workers' health and safety issues, pension plan issues and business consolidations, as well as the negotiation of collective agreements. Her expertise extends to constitutional law, human rights issues in the fields of labour and employment law, and international labour law.
Louise worked as a lawyer for the Québec Union of Service Employees, Local 298 (FTQ), providing her with the advantage of a bilateral perspective on issues related to labour and employment.
Has achieved one of Martindale-Hubbell's highest rankings.
Louise has presented at numerous conferences to a broad range of professionals on dismissals, salary equity, the financing of workplace health and safety and labour standards in Québec, as well as on various other labour and employment issues.
Among others, Louise presented the following conferences and papers on International Employment Law:
- "Mobilité Internationale", TV web vignette in the series "Conseils d'experts" broadcasted by Premières en affaires - 2013
- "Travailler à l'international ? Oui, mais attention à votre contrat !", Article published in Premières en affaires - October-November 2012
- "Hiring, Disciplining and Firing: A Soup-to-Nuts Review of What You Can and Can't Do Overseas", Workshop of the International Employment Law Conference - June 2012
- "Seconded Employee/Managing Expatriates on Assignment", Section of the compilation of presentations given during the "Hiring, Disciplining and Firing: A Soup-to-Nuts Review of What You Can and Can't Do Overseas" Workshop of the International Employment Law conference, published by the Praticing Law Institute - 2012
- "International Employment Law", Workshop of the American Conference Institute - October 2010
- the International Law Section of the American Bar Association's fall meeting, for which she was a presenter
- "As the World Turns: Perspectives on International Labor and Employment Law", Conference organized by the New York State Bar Association and the Cornell ILR School Labor and Employment Law Program - May 2009