Lisa Kobialka is a partner in King & Spalding's Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm's Silicon Valley office.
Her practice focuses on both litigation and counseling clients in the area of intellectual property. She has handled numerous trials and complex evidentiary hearings involving trademark disputes, and claims for patent infringement, trade secret misappropriation, false advertising and unfair competition in jurisdictions across the United States. She has handled over 70 patent litigation disputes involving a broad range of technologies, including biotechnology, medical devices, software, computer hardware, mechanical, business methods, and the electrical arts. Her practice also involves counseling on strategies for patent portfolio management, licensing and diligence matters.
Significant litigation examples include:
- Successfully obtained a jury verdict of willful infringement of patents involving network security technology.
- Successfully obtained a jury verdict of willful infringement of patents involving hematopoietic stem cells.
- Successfully defended at a jury trial claims of patent infringement involving mass flow controller equipment for semiconductor manufacturing.
- Served as lead trial counsel at trial representing plaintiff in a trademark infringement, unfair competition action and breach of contract dispute.
- Served as lead trial counsel in a trademark infringement action, obtaining temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction involving recycling companies in the United States District Court for the District of Arizona.
- Successfully defended trade secret misappropriation claims during a bench trial involving enterprise software.
- Successfully obtained a summary judgment of non-infringement of a patent involving steel equipment and handled the successful appeal, affirming the trial court's decision.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D.
- San Francisco Conservatory of Music, M.M.
- University of California, Davis, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Central and Eastern Districts of California
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association