Lisa G. Beckerman has extensive experience representing debtors, informal group of creditors and official creditors committees in chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings.
Practice & Background
Ms. Beckerman focuses on corporate restructuring and creditors' rights in a variety of areas, including manufacturing, airlines, retail and health care.
Ms. Beckerman's recent representations include:
- serving as lead counsel to the ad hoc crossover lender group in Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- the ad hoc noteholders group in YRC Worldwide
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Kaiser Aluminum Corporation
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc.
- counsel to the Official Committee of WCI Communities, Inc.
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Delta Air Lines
- the liquidators of Bear Stearns High-Grade Structured Credit Strategies Master Fund, Ltd. and Bear Stearns High-Grade Structured Credit Strategies Enhanced Leverage Master Fund, Ltd.
- conflicts counsel for Pinnacle Airlines Corp.
Awards & Accolades
Ms. Beckerman has been recognized in several leading publications, including:
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2005-2012
- Practical Law Company's (formerly Global 3000) list of top bankruptcy attorneys in the United States.
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S.D.C., District of New Jersey
- U.S.D.C., Eastern District of New York
- U.S.D.C., Southern District of New York
- J.D. Boston University School of Law, 1989
- M.B.A. University of Texas at Austin, 1986
- B.A. University of Chicago, with honors, 1984