is a partner based in the Beijing office.
Ms. Huang's practice focuses on cross-border M&A, private equity and foreign direct investment transactions in China. She has extensive experience in a wide range of sectors, including media, aviation, energy, financial services, insurance, leisure and entertainment, pharmaceuticals, technology, and telecommunications.
Ms. Huang joined the firm as a partner in May 2012. Before joining the firm, Ms. Huang was a partner in the Beijing office of Shearman & Sterling where she practiced for more than 14 years.
Ms. Huang's recent transactions include:
- Representation of the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Yucheng Technologies Limited in the company's proposed going-private transaction.
- Representation of Viacom in its joint ventures in China.
- Representation of the Chairman of Shanda Interactive Entertainment Limited, a leading interactive entertainment media company in China, in the company's going-private transaction.
- Representation of the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of China TransInfo Technology Corp. in the company's proposed going-private transaction.
- Representation of the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Asiainfo-Linkage, Inc. in the company's proposed going-private transaction.
- Representation of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. in numerous transactions, including its acquisition of all shares owned by Symantec Corporation in Huawei Symantec Technologies; its acquisition of certain intellectual properties from a U.S. telecom equipment company; its acquisition of a business division from a multinational telecom equipment company under bankruptcy proceedings; its joint venture with Symantec Corporation; the sale of all of its interest in Huawei-3Com Limited, a Hong Kong joint venture with 3Com Corporation, to 3Com; its joint venture with 3Com Corporation; and representation of Huawei Technologies and Huawei Electric in connection with their sale of Avansys Power to a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson Electric.
- Representation of Bain Capital in the acquisition of a business division from H3C Technologies.
- Representation of Simcere Pharmaceutical in its strategic alliance with Merck.
- Representation of the Special Committee of China Fire & Security Group in a going-private transaction with Bain Capital.
- Representation of the Chairman of Puda Coal Inc. in a going-private transaction with Puda Coal Inc.
- Representation of Agriculture Bank of China International in its investment in ATMU.
- Representation of Vector Capital in privatizing RAE Systems, a U.S. listed company.
- Representation of CITIC PE in its investment in New China Life Insurance.
- Representation of China AVIC General Aviation in its acquisition of a U.S. general aviation company under Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Representation of Xi'an Aircraft Industry (Group) Company Ltd. in the acquisition of Austria's leading aviation supplier FACC AG.
- Representation of PetroChina Company Limited through its indirectly wholly owned subsidiary, PetroChina International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., in its agreement with Keppel Oil and Gas Services Pte Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Keppel Corporation Limited, for the proposed acquisition of Keppel's entire shareholding in Singapore Petroleum Company Limited; and representation of PetroChina Company Limited in its privatization of Jilin Industrial Chemical Company (a company listed in China, Hong Kong and New York), Jinzhou Petrochemical Company and Liaohe Jinma Oilfield Company.
- Representation of Hong Kong-listed United Energy Group Limited in its $215 million investment in Amex-listed Transmeridian Exploration Inc., an oil and gas company with substantial assets in Kazakhstan.
- Representation of China Netcom Group Corporation (Hong Kong) Limited in its merger with China Unicom Limited.
- Representation of China Minsheng Bank in its investment in United Commercial Bank.
- Representation of China Mobile Communications Corporation in its acquisition of Paktel Limited, a Pakistani telecommunication operator, from Millicom International Cellular S.A.
- Representation of Target Media Holdings Limited and certain of its selling shareholders in the sale of all of Target Media's outstanding share capital to Focus Media Holding Limited.
Ms. Huang graduated from Beijing University School of Law in 1996 and received her LLM degree from Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, Berkeley, in 1997.
She is a member of the bar in New York. Her native language is Mandarin Chinese and she is fluent in English.