Libby Kitslaar oversees the corporate practice in Jones Day's Chicago Office, and she has been the principal lawyer in a wide variety of U.S. and international M&A and corporate finance transactions, including complex acquisitions and divestitures, restructurings, public offerings, and joint ventures. In addition to her transactional work, Libby advises clients and counsels boards of directors, special committees, and investors on a broad range of corporate governance and compliance matters, including Sarbanes-Oxley, executive compensation, fiduciary duty, takeover preparedness, and disclosure policy and related issues.
Libby's representative transactions include a wide variety of global and complex, cross-border acquisitions.
Libby is a frequent author and lecturer on M&A, securities law, and corporate governance issues.
- Case Western Reserve University (J.D. 1982; Order of the Coif; Law Review)
- Mount Holyoke College (B.A. cum laude 1979)
Honors & Distinctions
- Chambers USA (2007-2011)
- PLC Which Lawyer? (2007; 2009)
- The Legal 500 US (2010)
- Best Lawyers in America (2008-2011)
- Illinois Super Lawyers (2006-2011)
- BTI "All Star Team" - recognition for outstanding client service (2012)
- Chambers USA Women in Law Awards-Corporate/ M&A Lawyer of the Year shortlist (2012)
- Top 50/Top 100 Leading Women Business Lawyers (2009-2011) (Illinois), Leading Lawyers Network
- "America's Best Corporate Lawyers," Corporate Board Member (August 2002)