Senior Partner Larry Baker's practice involves the preparation, defense and litigation of major construction, surety and architect/engineer claims. He also has an active government contracts practice and has litigated bid protests both in the courts and before state and federal administrative forums. Larry has practiced before State and Federal Boards of Contract Appeals, the U.S. Claims Court (now the Court of Federal Claims) and federal and state courts throughout the country. He has served as an arbitrator on numerous occasions and also been retained as a neutral in mini-trials, as a mediator, and has been appointed as a special master to resolve construction disputes before the courts.
Before joining WTHF in 1987, Larry was a partner at Lewis, Mitchell & Moore. He served as the First Chairman of both the Maryland Department of Transportation Board of Contract Appeals and the Maryland State Board of Contract Appeals before entering private practice. In addition, he served as Assistant General Counsel for the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority where he litigated many contractor claims before the former Corps of Engineers Board of Contract Appeals and in the federal courts.
- Best Lawyers in America, Alternate Dispute Resolution and Construction Law categories - 2005-2012
- Chambers USA - list of Top Construction Lawyers in Virginia - 2004-2012
- Legal 500 US - 2007-2012
- Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers - 2006 - Present
- International Who's Who of Business Lawyers, Construction Law category - 2005-2012
- International Who's Who of Construction Lawyers - 2005-2011
- Virginia Super Lawyers - 2006-2012
- University of Maryland, J.D., 1973
- University of Maryland, B.S., 1969, Civil Engineering
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Various U.S. District Courts and Courts of Appeals