is the head of Herbert Smith Freehills' Asia investigations and compliance practice. Based in Hong Kong, he has over a decade of experience in Asia and has led investigations and compliance projects in more than 40 countries worldwide. He focuses on multi-jurisdictional anti-corruption, regulatory, fraud and accounting investigations, as well as trade and sanctions issues involving multinational and major regional corporates.
Kyle has extensive experience implementing anti-corruption compliance programmes for a broad range of clients, including investment banks and other financial institutions and multinational companies. He also regularly advises clients on corruption risks associated with a wide range of transactions, including IPOs, mergers and acquisitions and joint venture relationships. Kyle also has significant experience in dealing with government agencies and regulators in the key jurisdictions in Asia, Europe, Russia and the United States.
Kyle is admitted in Hong Kong, California and New York and is a registered foreign lawyer in England and Wales. He has business side experience in the investment banking and private equity sectors. Kyle speaks English and Mandarin.
- a US medical devices company on an Asia-wide investigation concerning payments to government officials
- a global financial institution on an investigation into criminal allegations in Korea
- a multinational financial institution on a tax and regulatory investigation in China
- a global business services company on an investigation of potential fraud in the Philippines
- a US semiconductor manufacturer on developing and implementing a global anti-corruption regulatory regime
- a Japanese energy company in connection with potential investments in Papua New Guinea
- a leading US commercial lender on developing and implementing an anti-corruption regulatory regime in East Asia
- a US financial services institution on an investigation of potential violations of Japanese securities regulations
- a global financial institution on a large scale investigation into potential regulatory violations in Korea, China, the Philippines, Singapore and Taiwan
- a major investment bank on appointing advisers and consultants in compliance with anti-corruption laws in multiple Asian jurisdictions
- a major natural resources company on an investigation in China in relation to potential payments to government officials
- a global financial services company on its gifts and entertainments policy in Hong Kong
- multiple western organisations with respect to the propriety of potential investments in Myanmar under US sanctions regimes