is a Director in KPMG's Forensic Practice in New York. She provides alternative dispute resolution services and litigation support services on a variety of matters involving post acquisition disputes, purchase price disputes, asset purchase disputes, GAAP compliance, working capital adjustments, post-transaction experience, contract vetting and risk exposure for a purchase price adjustment, resolution of earn-out provisions, early case assessment, and expert testimony. She also has experience in investigations of suspected fraud, and accounting irregularities.
Professional and Industry Experience
o Alternative dispute resolution
o Purchase price disputes
o Forensic investigation services
o Litigation services
o Expert testimony services
o Fraudulent financial reporting matters
o SEC rules and regulations
o Revenue recognition
o GAAP compliance matters
o Other complex accounting issues
Selected Engagement Experience
- Served companies and law firms in arbitration proceedings in connection with contract disputes, Purchase Price accounting disputes involving complex tax and stock option accounting issues, fixed asset valuation, recoverability of receivables, revenue recognition and their impact on the calculation of net working capital and closing balance sheet issues such as inventory obsolescence, inventory valuation, spare parts, deferred income taxes, accounts receivables, lease classification, warranty reserves, earn out provisions, intangibles and goodwill.
- Provided extensive investigative services for outside counsel in connection with allegations of earnings management involving revenue recognition at a publicly traded technology company which resulted in the company restating its previously reported financial statements. The project involved reviewing electronic data (SAP) from general ledgers, emails, and network drives from the accounting and sales departments, analyzing complex accounting transactions, interviewing key management personnel, calculating the quarterly impact of the change in earnings over the previous ten quarters.
- Assisted a private equity firm with a multi-million dollar purchase price dispute related to working capital. Provided advice regarding the costs and benefits of settlement, arbitration and/or litigation, case strategy, analyzed financial records, interrogatories, identified relevant positions and prepared submission and rebuttal statements, which resulted in the arbiter finding in favor of client on all items and held the other party responsible for all fees incurred in connection with the proceedings.
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Education, Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Long Island University, C.W. Post Campus
- Certified Fraud Examiner