Kimberly T. Smith is an of counsel in the Corporate practice at Paul Hastings in the Chicago office. Ms. Smith has extensive experience representing private equity firms and their portfolio companies in leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, divestitures and day-to-day legal needs. She also regularly counsels strategic investors and business owners with respect to mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. Ms. Smith provides general corporate counseling to companies in a wide variety of industries, and she advises executives in compensation and equity related matters.
Prior to joining Paul Hastings, Ms. Smith was a partner at a multinational law firm. She earned her law degree from the Georgetown University Law Center, where she was on the editorial board of the American Criminal Law Review and published an article that was cited by the U.S. Supreme Court. Ms. Smith graduated from the University of Illinois (summa cum laude) and was selected for the Bronze Tablet.
- Sale to ACON Investments of Suzo-Happ Group, a manufacturer and distributor of gaming and amusement parts
- Acquisition by Beecken Petty O'Keefe & Company of Dentistry for Children, Pickron Orthodontics and The Children's Dental Center of Atlanta
- Acquisition by Pfingsten Partners of Curt Manufacturing, a manufacturer and distributor of towing products
- Sale to SAP America of Syclo, a provider of enterprise mobile applications and technologies
- Acquisition by On Services of Power Protection Unlimited, a provider of critical power services
- Sale to Managed Healthcare Associates of The MED Group, a home medical equipment GPO
- Acquisition by ATI Physical Therapy of APT Plus
Professional and Community Involvement
- Active supporter of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Chicago and Vice President of its Guild Board