Kenneth Herzinger, a partner in Orrick's San Francisco office, is a member of the Securities Litigation and Regulatory Enforcement Group. Mr. Herzinger's practice focuses on securities class actions, derivative suits, M&A litigation, SEC and related criminal investigations and enforcement actions, internal investigations and compliance counseling. Mr. Herzinger's clients include: Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Intel Corporation, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, and Tesoro Corporation.
Securities Class Actions, Auditor Representation and M&A Litigation
Mr. Herzinger has represented numerous corporations, directors and officers, auditors, and financial institutions in federal securities class actions, M&A litigation and derivative suits. Notable engagements include the following:
- In re Chesapeake Energy Corp Securities Litigation
- Metropolitan v. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- In re Metropolitan Securities Litigation
- In re Retek Securities Litigation
- In re Mutual Fund Trading Securities Litigation
- Oracle/Sun Microsystems M&A Litigation
- Furman v. Wal-Mart Derivative Litigation
- McAfee/Secure Computing M&A Litigation
- Oracle/Siebel Systems M&A Litigation
- Oracle/Portal Systems M&A Litigation
- In re Enron Corporation Securities Litigation
- In re Initial Public Offering Securities Litigation
Mr. Herzinger was also a member of the trial team which obtained a defense verdict in Howard v. Everex Systems, Inc., (N.D. Cal. 2002), one of only several securities class action jury trials in the country to be tried to verdict.