Kathleen M. McKenna is a Partner in the Labor & Employment Law Department. With a formidable track record for success in major employment matters, she has extensive experience litigating employment disputes of all types, including defending employers against claims alleging all forms of discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, wage and hour and breach of contract. Her clients include major multi-national businesses, such as television networks, pharmaceutical companies, international retailers and law firms.
Adept at counseling clients at every turn of the litigation process, Kathleen employs a creative mix of litigation experience and business acumen to determine which cases should be litigated in court, which should be resolved in some alternative forum and which can and should be settled. While she is regularly successful on her clients' behalf through negotiation and dispositive motions, she possesses significant jury trial experience, and is well-versed in all forms of alternate dispute resolution.
Kathleen is regularly called upon to support clients with strategies, counseling and training to help them avoid litigation and government investigations, and provides practical advice on all workplace-related issues to today's top employers. These topics include employee discharge and discipline, reductions in force, employment policies and procedures, and compliance with federal, state and local employment laws.
Kathleen also has significant experience dealing with traditional labor matters. She has litigated the full range of labor proceedings and has served as the chief spokesperson or advisor in numerous collective bargaining negotiations. She also has advised management on National Labor Relations Act issues, including union organizing campaigns and representation elections, strikes, picketing, plant closings and work transfers, and purchase and acquisition issues.
Kathleen is a member of the College of Labor & Employment Lawyers. She is also a sought after lecturer on labor and employment issues.
- U.S. District Court, New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, New York, Southern District
- U.S. District Court, New York, Eastern District
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, New York, Northern District
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association (Law and Employment Law Section, Litigation Law Section)
- New York State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- College of Labor & Employment Lawyers