Primary Areas of Practice: Patent Prosecution in the Biotech, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Arts
Law School: Whittier School of Law
CanaanLaw, P.C., Menlo Park, CA (and prior firms)
June 2002 through the present date
- Preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications in the biotechnology and chemical arts, including new molecules, nucleic acid assays, therapeutic methods, pharmaceuticals, drug delivery systems, medical devices, biomaterials, biofuels, and microlithography.
- U.S. and foreign trademark prosecution including search result analyses and registrability opinions.
- Client counseling on licensing and intellectual property asset acquisition, including analyzing and preparing patent licensing agreements and trademark coexistence agreements.
- Patent opinion work for infringement and intellectual property due diligence investigations, including invalidity, noninfringement, and freedom to operate opinions.
- Patent and Trademark pre-litigation, including analyzing products and marks for possible infringement and preparing and responding to cease and desist letters.
Crowell & Moring, LLP, Washington, D.C. (formerly Evenson, McKeown, Edwards & Lenahan, PLLC),
September 2000 through May 2002
- Patent preparation and prosecution in the mechanical arts including therapeutic devices for use in hospitals and components for use in the manufacture of automobiles and other transportation vehicles.
- Patent litigation, including, document review, law and motion, and trial preparation.
United States Patent and Trademark Office, Office of Petitions, Washington, D.C.
Attorney-Advisor, January 1999 to September 2000
- Reviewing petitions filed before the Office of Petitions and preparing opinions for the Commissioner of Patents.
Professional Memberships: AIPLA
Licenses: California Bar; D.C. Bar; Registered before the USPTO