K.C. McDaniel concentrates her practice in advising investors and lenders active in hotel development, financing and ownership, including private and public funds, institutional investors, commercial bank lenders and commercial developers. She has also acted as receiver’s counsel and special counsel for debtors and creditors in hotel bankruptcies and liquidations. She has served as an arbitrator in disputes involving hotel management disputes and as an expert witness on hotel operations, brokerage and financing issues. Ms. McDaniel currently works with clients in the United States, Europe and the Middle East dealing with underperforming hotel investments and engaged in disputes arising from the financing and operation of hotels. She conducts her practice through K.C. McDaniel PLLC in New York and Washington, D.C.
She appears in Who’s Who of International Business Lawyers and has been listed as a leading practitioner in hotel and real estate by Chambers, Euromoney and other industry surveys. She has been cited in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes Magazine, the New York Times and elsewhere in the financial press for her involvement in the hotel industry.
Ms. McDaniel is a member of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, Ms. McDaniel is admitted to the bars of the State of New York and the District of Columbia.
Education and Legal Experience
- Radcliffe College, A.B., East Asian Studies/Economics with highest honors 1975
- Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, M.A., East Asian Regional Studies 1975
- Kings College, Cambridge University / Kabul, Afghanistan, Marshall Scholar in Oriental Studies and Anthropology 1975 to1977
- Harvard Law School, J.D. 1980
- Clerk to the Hon. Dolores K. Sloviter, Chief Judge, now in senior status, in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, Philadelphia 1980 to 81
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton 1981 to1987
- Jones Day 1987 to1999, Chair, Hotel Practice Group
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP 1999 to 2006, Chair, Hotel and Hospitality Practice